There is no doubt that everyone loves discounts and coupons. Provide your customers with discounts but ensure that there is an increase in your sales and revenue as well. According to statistical data, it is found that 53% of online shoppers love using digital coupons. And 68% online shoppers say coupons generate brand awareness and loyalty.
So, let us further see even more as to why giving away coupons to your customers is necessary and holds a lot of importance.
Why give away coupons to your customers?
- It increases your sales and revenue.
- It leads to an increase in lead generation to a large extent.
- There is a better customer relationship.
- More chances of retaining customers for the long run.
- It maximizes your profit to a great extent.
- Increases traffic to your WordPress site.
- More and more sales eventually.
- Attracts more customers, increases loyalty.
- Drives customers retention.
How to set up a new coupon in WooCommerce?
- Go to WooCommerce → Coupons and click Add coupon.
- You will find the coupon code and description fields on the screen.
How to ensure loyalty of your customers that they come back?
- Collect email addresses of your customers: By collecting email addresses of your customers you can retain customers and by sending them email about any discount or offers would make them come back to your WordPress site even more.
- Offer discounts or free one-time-use offer: Discounts play a major role in order to retain customers. Along with offering them discounts, a limited time discount offer of your coupons would generate in a lot of urgency in your customers
- Make the coupons attractive: The more your coupons are appealing and attractive, there are more chances that your customers will use it even more. You can even make your coupons stand out through the method of popup advertising. Although this might cost you a bit, byt would eventually lead to a lot of sales and increase in revenue for you.
- Rewards programs: Building upon loyalty to your customers can be done through another method as well, i.e by offering them with reward programs and various kinds of incentives.
- Drive site traffic: Remember if you happen to provide discounts and coupons then there would be more customers who would be coming to your site. This would lead to an increase in your site’s traffic.
Types of Customer Discounts
- Bundled discounts: With bundled discounts, it increases the number of items you happen to sell, which would increase your average value order.
- Volume discount: WIth more you happen to buy, then it is then that more you tend to save.
- Free Shipping: With shorter delivery duration and free shipping provides your customers to come back again and again.
- Event/seasonal discounts: With exciting offers and discounts on peak season and special events such as providing your customer with discounts in the first month of the anniversary.
- Buy one, get one free: Boost cross-sell opportunities with the buy one and get one free, mostly done with the same product.
Top WordPress & WooCommerce Coupon Plugins
Smart coupon plugin is another top WordPress & WooCommerce Coupon Plugin which comes loaded with many features. It generates bulk coupons along with providing you the option of importing coupons as a CSV file.
WIth MailChimp Newsletter discount you can easily create a campaign in MailChimp just by entering your MailChimp API Key. It Helps you retain customers and make more sales. Moreover, it has the option available to use a discount feature or make this as normal signups for the user. It further generates a unique coupon for each use.
WooCommerce Coupon by Roles is a lightweight plugin for WooCommerce. It simply adds an option called ‘Allowed Roles’ in the coupon section. From this option admin can easily set a single role or multiple roles for the coupon.
This plugin that works in conjunction with the WooCommerce MailChimp Newsletter Discount Extended Plugin. This plugin is very easy to use and fully customizable. You can choose to customize the reminder schedule interval, reminder per coupon. Moreover, reminder time, email from name, email address, subject and message.
Customers love the option of purchasing a gift card and using it later. This plugin lets you and enables you to do that. When a customer purchases it then they would receive customized gift cards. This way make your customers loyal to your brand and would lead to increase in your sales.
With WooCommerce Ultimate Points and Rewards customers have the option of purchasing products through the medium of points, and with the option of paying for the remaining amount if there is not sufficient point left.
Another feature of this plugin is that different membership levels of the same can be created easily. And setting points for the same can be done with ease.
With WooCommerce Discount Rules you have the option of running a range of promotions which includes coupons in bulk, buy one get one offers, and so on. The most important feature of this plugin is that it allows you to automatically apply discounts. When customers meet a set of criteria. There is a discount given on the history of purchase of customers as well giving it an added feature.
8. Ninja Popups
Ninja popups is a special WooCommerce plugin with which we can showcase coupons in the form of a popup to your WordPress website’s visitors. It is very much responsive, mobile friendly making it versatile and easy to use in nature.
Giving away coupons and various kinds of discounts and offers not just leads to driving your customers retention. But at the same time it also happens to increase your sales to a large extent. Thereby, boost your online sales by these strategies and encourage customer loyalty.
You may also like: