Do you want to set up AMP on your WordPress site? Accelerated Mobile Pages or AMP is an important area that helps improve the SEO of your website. As you might know, Google is focusing on Mobile-First indexing. This simply means that Google uses your site’s mobile version for indexing and ranking purposes. It is, therefore, necessary for you to make your website mobile-friendly and quickly load.
These modern days are about speed and quality. Even if you offer quality goods if the site loading time is more than 4 seconds. It’ll make people frustrated, and it’ll make them leave your site quickly. And this is going to affect the SEO of your website.
The introduction of the AMP will help to reduce the loading speed of the mobile version of your site Which further meets the needs of Google. This will result in a better search ranking.
We’re going to learn more about AMP in this article. Also, read about the best way to implement it on your site. That is by installing any of the most popular AMP plugins.
Let’s learn more about AMP, first.
What is AMP?
Google will then be able to serve this cached version of your webpage to users instantly when they click on your result on the google search results page. This will increase user engagement and reduce bounce rates.
A number of companies have already implemented the AMP in the last few years. According to an AMP report, companies such as WordPress, Reddit, Bing, eBay, Pinterest have already adopted it. Slate saw a 44% rise in monthly unique visitors and a 73% increase in visits per monthly unique visitor.
However, having an AMP website brings its challenges to SEO. When you create AMPs, there are two versions of your site, one for regular desktop browsers and one for mobile browsers. If not properly handled, AMPs will backfire and generate duplicate content issues that lead to poor ranking or worse non-indexing of your posts.
Fortunately, the WordPress repository is equipped with popular AMP plugins. Simply choose any of the AMP plugins below and start improving your site’s SEO.
But before installing any of these WordPress AMP plugins, make sure you
- Back up your original version of the website
- It fulfills all your requirements
- Follow the installation steps to install the plugin correctly and get the most out of it
- Make sure it’s compatible with your theme
Top 7 AMP Plugins for WordPress website:
This is the official WordPress AMP plugin. Created by the Contributors of the AMP Project. As it comes from the official development team, it creates a certain trust factor. And if you choose this plugin for your website, you’re not going to regret that decision. More than 400 thousand active websites are currently using this plugin.
The plugin is primarily used by small businesses, bloggers, official WordPress sites.
It is an open-source project that helps contributors, experts to work and improve it even more.
This plugin is great for beginners. as the setup process is straight forward and easy. Also, the plugin receives frequent updates, and the community & help that this plugin gives you is fantastic.
Some of the key features of the plugin:
- The plugin supports all the core themes (such as Twenty Twenty), also many other themes can also be used by doing some minimal changes to them.
- It gives you the option to make all the URLs of your site available in AMP, or to choose the specific post types of templates should be available in AMP.
- Through AMP Validation, it tests the validity of your pages or posts and indicates whether or not the contents have any errors.
- CSS Tree Shaking: Automatically remove the majority of unused CSS to bring the total under the 75 KB limit of the AMP. When the total after shaking of the tree is still above that limit, prioritization is used to maintain the all-important stylesheet theme, leaving less important ones to be omitted (e.g. print styles).
The plugin can be designed to use one of three different template modes.
- Reader Mode: This mode allows for a simplified AMP experience. It fits with any theme and website you like. Just posts and pages are supported. But this comes with minimal customization. It does not allow widgets or comments. It automatically removes the invalid AMP markup.
- Standard Mode: The AMP works entirely on your website. There is no need for different versions of AMP and non-AMP web pages. Mobile and desktop versions have the same UI advantages.
- Transitional Mode: It improves the AMP capabilities of your website. Removes the invalid AMP markup automatically. The compatibility method detects themes/plugins, including invalid markups. Source Stack provides developers with debugging details to fix issues.
AMP for WP plugin is another WordPress AMP plugin that is widely used and highly rated. It has over 100 thousand active installs. This plugin is packed with features, extensions and customization options that help you optimize your website instantly.
The support and updates you get from the developers are quick. They provide instant updates to fix existing bugs and extend the features of this plugin.
This plugin is also open-source, so experts from around the world are working on this to fix bugs, improve the plugin and help you with your issues.
- The plugin supports Google AdSense, it allows you to display Native AMP Ads and monetize your site without any problems
- It also supports some other extensions such as Contact Form 7, Email Optin, WooCommerce and more
- Drag and Drop page builder allows you to design AMP friendly pages without touching a line of code
- Many mobile-friendly and AMP optimized, powerful themes for mobile devices to display your content just like an app. Also to improve the search engine ranking of your site.
- Supports most of the popular SEO plugins such as Yoast SEO, Rank Math, All in One SEO, Genesis, SEOPress, Bridge Qode SEO, The SEO Framework and Squrilly SEO Plugin.
The AMP on WordPress – weeblrAMP CE plugin allows you to create a full AMP version of your site. It optimizes all components of your website, such as posts, pages, categories, tags, and archives.
The plugin is highly customizable from the WordPress dashboard. Developers can override every bit of the AMP pages with override templates, as well as the 70 + filters and actions that are fully documented on our site.
WeeblrAMP also integrates with a number of other tools, including Disqus, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, Yoast SEO, Jetpack, WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms.
- Allows your AMP site to look and function as closely as possible to your WordPress parent site
- The premium version of this plugin automatically converts function for Gravity Forms, Contacts Form 7, MailChimp for WP, WooCommerce, and many other to AMP format
- Track the progress of your site through Google Analytics
- Converts MailChimp signup forms to fit mobile displays to increase site conversions
PWA for WP & AMP plugin is another popular AMP WordPress plugin. It has over 10,000 active installations. The PWA is a progressive web app that uses modern web technologies to deliver an app-like experience to users. The plugin combines both PWA and AMP to deliver app-like UI while making it load faster.
Using this plugin, it will make your website look more user-friendly. So, the user experience will improve.
It comes with features such as
- Multi-site support
- UTM Tracking
- Caching Strategy for PWA enabled assets
- Service Worker: A feature that performs the necessary actions such as caching the external objects to reduce the requests and more
- Offline Loading: The PWA version of your site will be loaded quickly even when the user is offline. Once the user is online, the content will be updated again.
Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP is another popular WordPress plugin with more than 100 thousand active installs. The plugin can be integrated with the Yoast SEO plugin. And it makes sure your metadata, pages are optimized properly.
- You can easily customize your pages and make them user-friendly using this plugin
- It uses styling elements to customize pages to make them look the same as the web version of the website
- It provides a customizable structure for page creation and integration of SEO content
Better AMP is another popular WordPress AMP plugin with more than 20,000 active installs. The plugin can optimize pages, posts, categories, tags, author pages, search to make your website load faster on mobile devices. It comes with mobile-friendly templates that load content faster and gives users a feel like they are using an app.
Some more features of the Better AMP plugin
- This plugin includes a live preview option. This gives developers, normal users the ability to test their customized AMP landing pages and interface structure before publishing the AMP site to Google or Bing
- This plugin is perfect for both beginners and advanced users
The AMP it up is a new WordPress AMP plugin that can help you optimize and enhance your mobile site. This is a beginner-friendly plugin as it doesn’t include any major setup. You’re just going to have to install and activate it, then do some simple setup. The rest of the work will be done automatically.
There are over dozens of features in this plugin, Some of them are
- For your AMP pages, the AMP plugin uses a secure SSL encryption
- This automatically adds buttons to your AMP Pages for social sharing
- It supports embedding videos from YouTube, Brightcove, into your AMP pages
Installing an AMP plugin comes with some advantages and disadvantages.
Let’s learn more about it:
Advantages of AMP plugins
- AMP minimizes the use of unnecessary elements of your website, and that makes your website load faster. Which is good for SEO.
- Because your mobile website will load faster, it will influence a positive impact on SEO. Hence mobile search ranking will improve.
- Your mobile website will generate loads of traffic, but still, AMP will minimize the load on your server as it uses only the required elements.
Disadvantages of using AMP plugins
- Thorough AMP you will be able to run ads but the support will be filtered. You can’t run every ad type. So, it will reduce the amount of money you generate from monetization.
- You will be able to use Google Analytics but the tracking tag needs to be implemented on all AMP pages. It takes a lot of time to place this tag and be able to collect and analyze data.
In this modern era where smartphones are gradually being used by more people. It is important to have a mobile-friendly website that loads the content to the users quickly and properly.
You can do it with ease, thanks to these AMP plugins. Without having to manually deal with your website code.
If you haven’t already added an AMP to your site. Then choose any AMP plugin from the above and improve your SEO and user experience.
I hope this article helps, if it does, a share would be wonderful.
You may also like: