Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most important aspects of website content, which leads to getting higher ranks in Google search results page. Out of the many SEO tools available in the industry, Yoast SEO is considered as the most simple and user-friendly software guiding more than 1000+ businesses all over the world. But, the trick to writing down a good content with Yoast SEO is not as simple as it seems to be.
Here’s a brief understanding of the Yoast SEO constituents which can put great impact on the performance of your website.
Constituents of Yoast SEO
a) SEO Analysis
The SEO Analysis option can be found below the text area which helps in giving a detailed view on the type of content written, including details regarding percentage of consecutive sentences, passive sentences, sentence length, difficulty in reading, etc. Moreover, Yoast SEO also gives the users scope to increase the readability with features such as:
- Word Count- Normally, the standard word count for an article or blog is maintained at 300 words to provide a greater readability graph as per Google search engine norms. For longer articles, guides or reviews, one can insert numerous sub-headings to be able to achieve a good read score.
- Focus Key Word and Meta Description- The use of right amount of focus keywords in the content can result in inflow of traffic to your website whenever someone clicks for the same keyword, while a descriptive meta description can give a brief idea about the content to the audience, in addition to adding glamour to your webpage.
- Adding Image and Linking to other Websites- A content without an image seems boring just like a bread without jam. Hence, addition of an image gives an enhanced flair to the content. Similarly, providing links to other websites as a reference can also make your thoughts seem more legitimate and backed up by others.
b) Cornerstone and Snippet Preview
To make a page serve as the main page among all other pages with the same keyword and topic, one can also mark the desired page as ‘cornerstone content’ which will exclude the page from others and place it on the top to have a detailed view at the topic. Similarly, snippet preview also allows a user to check the display page of the content beforehand, in order to check for irregularities and know how the page appears in search engines.
c) Readability Analysis
- Use of Headings and Sub-Headings- The use of headings and sub-headings streamlines the reading process of users, as it makes the content appear more legitimate and professional, enabling users grab the subject of their interest and stay hooked on the content in an efficient way.
- Flesch Reading Ease Test- The Flesch Reading Ease test helps maintain a proper uniformity while creating content to ensure better engagement of the audience by deploying contents that is easy to read and understand. It supports the use of relatively less difficult words and sentences.
- Sentence Formation- Yoast SEO also offers guidance for proper formation of sentences, such as using the right amount of passive sentences and transition sentences. Moreover, it also shows suggestions in case of longer sentences or lengthy paragraphs by providing a poor or better readability score.
Although, Yoast SEO provides its best facilities and tools to optimize a website as per search engine algorithms, a similar effort from the content creator side is also required to make it a successful site. For any suggestions or questions, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.