Live Chat is one of the best ways to communicate with your website visitors, customers. They will chat with you or your customer representative in real-time and ask their questions and give you feedback. Most people, even, tend to chat rather than speak over the phone.
Chatting is a great alternative for customers to reach customer service support without talking directly on the phone. Also, without waiting for an email reply, users can send a message to the chatbox on your website and then wait for an agent to reply.
You can instantly solve the problems of your visitors by using live chat plugins. This creates trust between you and your visitors. And this leads to a better conversion rate. You can respond to real-time sales queries, eliminate buyer friction, and provide a reassuring human presence until customers are ready to pull out their pockets.
So, are you ready to make a better connection with your site visitors and customers and give them a more engaging channel to get in touch with you?
Then check out these 8 WordPress live chat plugins. Using any of the plugins on this list, you can easily add a live chat feature to your WordPress website and chat from your computer or mobile device.
Best Live Chat Plugins for WordPress
- WP-Live Chat by 3CX
- HubSpot – CRM, Email Marketing, Live Chat, Forms & Analytics
- Tidio Live Chat
- LiveChat – WP live chat plugin for WordPress
- Tawk.To Live Chat
- JivoChat Live Chat – WP live chat plugin for WordPress
- Smartsupp Live Chat
- Pure Chat – 100% Free Live Chat Plugin & More!
WP-Live Chat plugin is one of the most popular Free WordPress live chat plugins. It has more than 50,000 active installations at the time of writing.
After you have installed and activated the plugin, a Live Chat link will appear on the side menu of your WordPress dashboard. You can click on it and follow the plugin setup instructions. The setup process is very simple, and even if you’re a beginner, it won’t take much of your time.
The plugin also gives you the option of either hosting live chat on your website hosting server or using the dedicated WP-Live chat plugin chat server. Using an external server helps improve the performance of your site by reducing the load on the server of your site.
There are many features that you can take advantage of using this plugin, such as
- The interface is easy to use for both the admin and the visitor.
- Users can drag the live chat box around their page.
- Unlimited agents can use the plugin to chat with your site’s visitors and customers. There’s also an agent to agent chat feature available. And if an agent doesn’t know the answers to the questions of your visitors, they can transfer the chat to another agent.
- Create a custom offline message for when agents are offline.
- Storage offline messages when the plugin is switched off.
- The plugin is fully customizable and comes with 6 live chatbox themes. You can also apply animations to the chat window. It also allows you to see what your users are typing before they send a message.
- Desktop notifications when a new live chat comes in.
- You can also ban users from certain IP addresses.
- It’s compatible with caching plugins, translation plugins, and more.
- The plugin also comes with a reporting feature that lets you check chat statistics, popular pages, ROI tracking and reporting, customer satisfaction ratings.
HubSpot – CRM, Email Marketing, Live Chat, Forms & Analytics is a popular CRM plugin with more than 100K active installations. As the name suggests, it comes with CRM, Email Marketing, Live Chat, Forms, and Analytics features all included in a single plugin.
The plugin is easy to set up and starts to work seamlessly with your WordPress site right away. Even if you’re a beginner or don’t know coding languages, you can take advantage of live chat and other features of the plugin.
You can create both human agents and bots to chat with visitors to your site. Bots are a very useful feature that automates the chat process. And in many cases, the information is automatically shared perfectly. Bots need to be properly programmed to respond to the correct query.
It comes with a lot of useful features, such as
- You can smartly route incoming Chat requests to your team’s right person. For example, routing an incoming chat request to a salesperson associated with that user in your CRM.
- HubSpot lets you have unlimited agents/owners who respond to inquiries from live chat.
- You can use bots to automate and scale live chat conversations. Bots can be used to connect to website visitors in real-time to convert new leads, close more deals, and provide better support.
- A conversation inbox that offers one place for your sales, marketing, and customer support teams to access, track, and respond to all live chat, bots, or team email alias.
- The plugin also lets you monitor user behavior on your site, providing you with a detailed view of your customers and all of their interactions.
- You can set up office hours to let the site visitors know when you’re available to chat and set up an email capture to track any chat requests you’ve missed.
- It enables you to integrate with Slack and you can get incoming chat notifications and chat with visitors through Slack. Using the Hubspot mobile App you can chat with the website visitors on the go.
Tidio Live Chat plugin is another popular WordPress plugin that enables live chat on your site. It has more than 60,000 active installations. The plugin lets you easily connect with your customers and visitors to your website. The plugin is quite easy and fast to set up. You don’t even have to build a Tidio account to get started. Tidio says you should be up and running in less than 20 seconds, which is fairly true.
Upon registering your Tidio account, a 7-day trial of an unlimited version of the app will be assigned to your account. After the trial expires, you will be asked if you would like to subscribe to a paid package (starting at $18 a month) or to downgrade to a basic version. You ‘re still able to use the chat for free, for an unlimited time. In the free plan, you can register up to three active agents and 100 chatbot interactions per month.
Like HubSpot, you can use Chatbots to make communication seamlessly when there are no people around. Bots can solve customer queries and help in generating leads as they are available 24*7.
Here are some of the features of the plugin
- The history of all conversations is stored in you can reply to questions from the Tidio web app or Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android apps. There’s also a dedicated Chrome app that you prefer to use against the Tidio website.
- Supports more than 15 national languages to support customers in their native language. And the integrated widget supports 183 languages
- You can customize the chat widget by adjusting its color, its position on your website (the bottom-right or bottom-left corner, or as a sidebar), all the text that appears in it, as well as some other options!
- An offline form for your visitors, so you can get email notifications about messages when you’re not online.
- Supports integration with Zendesk, GetResponse, SalesForce, MailChimp, and more.
- In a single panel, you can use chat, email, and Messenger.
- You can use Tidio on multiple sites. You can also use the same chat on each website or add a new project to each website that allows you to manage all of them separately.
- The history of all conversations is stored in your panel and you can access it at any time. If you choose to, you can remove the history for a conversation.
LiveChat – WP live chat plugin for WordPress is a WordPress chat plugin that you can use to add live chat support to your WordPress website. It has over 20,000 active installations at the time of writing. The plugin is easy and quick to setup.
Smart chat invitations can be used to automatically send personalized messages to visitors that appear based on specified conditions, such as the number of pages visited or time spent on the site.
It also makes customer service more efficient by allowing you to hold multiple live chat sessions at the same time, send canned responses to frequently asked questions, add chat tags, review chat transcripts, and send files to customers through the live chat window.
LiveChat live chat plugin comes with a wide array of features
- LiveChat also offers an integrated ticketing system to provide customers with 24/7 customer service. Whenever no operators/agents are available, the chatbox widget will be replaced by a ticket form so that customers can still contact you with their questions.
- You can also use tickets to manage and track customer cases that could not be resolved in a single live chat session.
- It is compatible with any WordPress Site Builder, such as Elementor Page Builder, SiteOrigin Page Builder, WordPress Page Builder – Beaver Builder, etc.
- Also, it works well with any WordPress theme you may use.
- LiveChat integrates seamlessly with a range of popular third-party apps and services. Like Zendesk, Freshdesk, HubSpot CRM, Salesforce, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Facebook, and Twitter
Tawk.To Live Chat plugin is the most popular WordPress live chat plugins. It has more than 200,000 active installs. It’s a free plugin that is very easy and quick to setup. It lets you monitor and chat with visitors on your WordPress site.
The Tawk.To plugin and all its features are free to use. However, if you want to remove Tawk.To branding, it charges $15 per month. You can also hire chat operators starting at $1 per hour.
The plugin is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android applications. So, you can always stay connected.
Here are some of the features of the plugin
- You can use the visibility options in the Plugin settings to select specific pages, or you can display the Tawk.To widget on any page independent of the visibility options by simply using the [tawkto] shortcode in the post or page.
- Customize colors, contents, border radius, position, etc. Even you can choose one of 27 different languages, also add Attention-Grabbing Bubbles, etc.
- There’s also a widget scheduler that shows the widget on your site for the time you’ve given.
- You can add an unlimited number of Agents to your account so that your entire team can chat with visitors to your website.
- Also, you can group operators based on their work, for example, the sales team, support team, etc.
JivoChat Live Chat is another popular live chat WordPress plugin. It has over 30,000 active installations and over 500 5-star ratings. The plugin works as an omnichannel approach which means that it combines Live Chat, Facebook Messenger, Phone & Email in one.
The most useful features are that you can create pre-written messages and send them using hotkeys to get suggestions from messages you’ve sent before. Another useful feature that makes it unique is that using the Pointer you can highlight specific items on your website for your visitors.
Adjusting the language of your chat window to the language of your page is a very important step in customization. As a result, JivoChat Live Chat has been translated into 24 languages.
Below are some of the features of the plugin
- You can use JivoChat free of charge with up to 5 online agents and limited features. For the first 14 days, all features will also be available.
- Install the desktop app to connect to your customers, or you can install the JivoChat app on your iOS or Android device, or you can use our web-based app right in your browser!
- It is compatible with third-party apps and services such as Ecwid, Shopify, Wix, Bigcommerce, Pipedrive, AmoCRM, ZohoCRM, GoDaddy, Joomla, Prestashop, Drupal, Big Cartel, Squarespace, Magento, Volusion, Opencart, Blogger, Bitrix.
- Visitor Monitoring & Smart Triggers allow you to track your visitors in real-time and proactively initiate live chats with them on the conditions you’ve set.
Smartsupp Live Chat is another WordPress live chat plugin that is currently active on over 10,000 websites. You can chat with your website visitors through its web dashboard or using its iOS or Android apps. It is also available in 10 languages.
It comes with both free and premium packages. The free plan is forever free for up to three agents. Premium plan starting at EUR 10 per month per agent.
Some of the features of the Smartsupp Chat plugin
- The chatbox can be customized according to your preferences.
- Easy WordPress integration
- Recording of visitors’ session (replay of the visitors’ session)
- Shortcuts (canned responses)
- Detailed statistics
Pure Chat is a 100% Free Chat plugin for WordPress. The plugin is used on more than 10,000 sites. It offers unlimited chats and up to three free chat operators.
You can customize all messages that appear in your chat widget and write them in whatever language you want.
Also, you have the option of displaying an offline indicator when you are not able to chat with visitors to your website. You can also disable the chat plugin or let the visitors email you with their questions.
Some of the features of the Pure Chat plugin
- Powerful operator dashboard
- Customizable widget
- Native iOS & Android apps Support
- Unlimited Chats
All these WordPress live chat plugins have something to offer, which is why they’re on this list. Your choice should be based on your budget, focus, and needs.
If you want to automate the lead generation process or want to provide service around the clock, then your chat plugin should have chatbots. You can use Hubspot or Tidio for this or something similar.
On the other hand, if you’re more focused on customer support and don’t have to manage leads and customer lifecycles, you might prefer something like Tawk. To or LiveChat.
If you want to manage all of your channels in one place, then JivoChat is a good option.
So, have you found the ideal plugin for your site? Please let us know in the comment section below.
If you find this post useful, please share it on your social channels.
You may also like: