A week ago, WordPress development released the WordPress 5.4 Beta 1. And, on February 18, the Beta 2 update has been published and is now available for testing.
WordPress 5.4 is still under development, and that’s why you should not use it on your live production websites. However, you can try it on your test website.
Here are the two options, that you can use to test the latest WordPress beta release:
- Try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (choose the “bleeding edge nightlies” option)
- Or download the beta here (zip)
WordPress team wants to release the WordPress 5.4 on 31 March 2020. And they need your help to find out bugs in these beta versions.
Some of the key highlights of WordPress 5.4 Beta 2
Since the WordPress team released the 5.4 Beta 1 on February 11, 2020, 27 bugs have been fixed.
- Columns in the Block Library that have unassigned-width will now grow equally.
- The custom gradient picker is now available in languages other than English.
- The color formatter does not show up when color choices are not available.
- Fields of the privacy request form have been modified to be more compatible with phones.
- Error codes for failed REST API tests are now displayed correctly.
Useful Developer Notes
WordPress 5.4 comes with a lot of useful features and enhancements to enhance the experience of developers. To stay up to date, subscribe to the Make WordPress Core blog and pay special attention to the developer notes for updates on those and other changes that might affect your products.
How can you help the development team?
The WordPress development team is asking, if you know languages other than English, you can translate WordPress from English to the languages you know.
I hope this blog helps, if it does, please share it using the social media buttons below.
You may also like: